Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 99: Mid-life Exam



                                      Mid-life Exam
   Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? James 2:22

• Analysis . . .
• Evaluation . . .
• Assessment . . .
            We all took mid-term exams in school. Those exams told us and our teachers if we were doing well, or not. Based on that principle, I think it’s a good idea to take a mid-life exam to see how well we are progressing in our life as a Christian. We don’t want to wait until after finals to find out that we failed the course. We need to take the mid-life exam while we have time to repent. 

                I remember when I was in school; we use to keep teachers talking about some off-the-wall subject, so they would forget about the assignment we didn’t want to do. I think the enemy pulls that same trick on us. He wants to get us so involved in our daily lives that we forget about our main purpose for being on earth—to do the will of God. 
                     
Listed are sample questions you may consider for your mid-life exam.

•Is my life part of a solution? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
•Am I living a purposeful life? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
•Will I leave a legacy? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
•Is my life contributing anything towards helping others? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
•Am I using my gifts and talents for God’s purpose? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
•Am I walking in God’s will? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
• Does my life influence others to want to become a Christian? If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?
• Am I giving God my best?  If so, how can you tell? If not, why not?

            I’m sure you noticed that each question ended the same way: If so, how can you tell? If not, why not? That’s because when you take your answers beyond a yes/no response, it requires you to think further, resulting in additional questions emerging. That’s great because that will give you a more thorough self-evaluation. 

            Taking the mid-life exam will prepare us for the Final Examination! 
 

© 2015                         See you next week on Paulette Talks Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment