Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 137: In the Eye of the Storm



                            In the Eye of the Storm  
O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully 
          rewardeth the proud doer. Psalm 31:23

• Hazardous winds. . .
• Rogue waves. . .
Torrential rains. . .  
                      
Whether it’s the wicked winds of a cyclone, typhoon, hurricane, or tornado; in the eye of a storm the weather is mostly calm. It’s kind of hard to believe that in the center of all the devastation there is such a place.

There is a calm place we can go to when we face personal storms. Sometimes our storms come as an outwardly intruding force, or as a quiet emotional attack. Whatever kind, if we just locate the eye of the storm, we’ll find a safe harbor. Psalm 91 describes it as the Secret Place. Philippians 4:7 talks about the peace of God which is beyond understanding.
                 
I can only share what I do when a storm hits. The key for me is to  immediately find the Eye; meaning I go straight to God—alone. I don’t want to hear “Static” (see week 135) that people will bring with their opinions, ideas, and emotions. They might mean well, but I just want to hear a clear message from God. I pray and read scriptures that speak directly to my circumstances.

Then I wait for my spirit to connect to the Comforter. (John 14:26) Once that connection is made, my thoughts shift. I begin to feel God’s peace. My faith builds in knowing that Heaven’s Got It! 

If I don’t get into the presence of God, the devil’s illegal suggestions will drive me crazy. (See week 111; "Trust God or Go Stone Crazy.") There is no sense in trying to figure anything out while he’s SHOUTING in my ears. I’m getting better at detecting his lies at their onset. It’s like pulling weeds out of a yard. If I don’t stay on top of it, they’ll get out of control. 

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
                                     Locate the Eye!

© 2016                          See you next week on Paulette Talks Faith
Scroll down to read older posts.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment