Monday, April 7, 2014

Thank You for Saying NO!



                                              Thank You for Saying NO!

• God, please let me get this job…
• God, please let me marry him/her…
• God, please give me a child…

      In hindsight, I’m sure we can all look back and say: Oh, My Goodness! Thank You Lord, for not giving me what I prayed for. As a matter of fact—please forget I even asked!!!

Some prayers we have prayed could have turned out pretty SCARY if they had come true. I know God’s Love and Wisdom caused me to dodge a few BULLETS in my lifetime.  
                             Thank You for Saying NO!
     
            The Word says in I Cor. 13:9, we only know in part. Consequently, we need God’s help to know what to pray for. We can make our request known to Him, but we must humble ourselves and confess: “I Don’t Have Enough Information about the Situation.” (Therefore,) Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven, Matthew 6:10.
          We can get a LOT accomplished praying in the will of God. On the other hand, we can WASTE a LOT of time praying amiss.   

         When we pray in God’s will, we work as a TEAM; He being the Team Leader. Our Faith Builds, and Power is Released. Now that’s a “Dream Team.” AWESOME!   
                    
WARNING, WARNING!!!  Proverbs 3:5-6 says to trust God and He will direct our path. We have to be willing to accept the fact that sometimes He directs us by saying, NO!
That might be a hard pill for us to swallow at times, but in the end; we can all say, Thank you.

 © 2014
References:   Psalm 25:4    Proverbs 3:5-6   Proverbs 16:1-3
Matthew 6:10     I Cor. 13:9
Scroll down to read older related posts:
  Deception?
  The Private Tutor 
                           See you next week on Paulette Talks Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment