Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 128: How Lovely Are You?



                           How Lovely Are You?
 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value.
 The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6 NIV

• Forgiving. . .
• Giving. . .
• Loving. . .

When I came back to the church, my intentions were to show up, sit in the back, and leave quietly when service was over. I didn’t want to get involved in the  horror stories that I had heard from various churches about congregational terrorism. Malicious gossiping, character demolition, lying, and cheating were typical parts of a local church’s internal structure. I felt the less I knew, the “more saved” I could be.
       
             One Sunday my pastor asked this profound question: 
                   What if all the church members were like you?
                                                    Hmmm!


There are no perfect churches, and to think differently is a lie from the devil. He should know because he has assigned troops to show up every time church doors open. He wants to keep us on the run in search for this non-existing perfect church.

However, instead of searching for what isn’t, ask God:
                                  How Lovely Am I?

             

                               © 2016       See you next week on Paulette Talks Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment