Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 68: The Roller Coaster



                       The Roller Coaster

                                   Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not… Matthew 21:21

• Nosedives. . .
• Plunges. . .
• Dips & Drops. . .

    Life can be like a ride on a roller coaster. We can be riding smoothly along, when suddenly we’re jerked onto the fast track. The momentum speeds up to a ghastly rate. We’re screaming at the top of our lungs, as we make a nosedive down the cliff. Oh no! 

The good news is, even though the coaster takes a drop, it stays on the track. However, it might jerk us around with a few bumps, bangs, and jolts. Nevertheless, just in the nick of time it changes its course. A sane person wouldn't even consider getting on such a ride without the safety device in place to make the shifts at the right times.

                  God is our Safety Device. Things can get pretty scary at times. But as we pray, our faith reminds us that: God is at the Controls. God knows when to make the appropriate changes in our situations. He can make everything come to a squeaking halt—SUDDENLY, or He can cause us to ride it out.

Whichever way He chooses, the coaster stays on the track. Even if we can’t sense God’s presence, His eyes are watching us at all times (I Peter 3:12). He knows more about what we’re going through than we do. And He knows, more than us, how much we can take (I Corinthians 10:13).
     
                  I remember when I was faced with a horrible crisis. I had no idea I had enough faith to go through what I went through. But, now I know! My faith in God was the only thing that kept me going. If I had known ahead of time what I was going to have to face, I would have worried frantically and said, “No way I can go through that.”

      BUT, when I needed God’s Grace; grace was there. It seemed like my body shifted gears from panic to Peace. I like to say it this way: God Signed the Requisition that Released His Grace.    

         We might not like it at the time, but our faith develops from our roller coaster experiences. Those are the times when we learn firsthand about the Love and Faithfulness of Our Father.
  © 2015            
                        See You Next Week on Paulette Talks Faith             
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment