Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 69: Costumes



               Costumes
                                   Beloved, do not put faith in every spirit… I John 4:1.

• Mask. . .
• Disguise. . .
• Facade. . .

          We have to be careful not to be deceived by a person’s outwardly appearance, or by their job description, or by their good standing in society, or not. In other words, don’t be misled by the costumes people wear. My sister, Charmaine, told me that everybody has on a costume.

         We have to look beyond the obvious, and trust our faith to take a look at the spirit within. Who is this person anyway? We pay too much attention to the costume a person is wearing. I wonder how many people have married the wrong person, and overlooked the right person by looking at the costume they had on?  

          How many angels have we bypassed because they didn’t have on the “right” costumes? How many blessings have we overlooked because we misjudged the person carrying the miracle? People look on the outwardly appearance, but God sees the inner man (I Samuel 16:7). One of our daily prayers should be: Lord, please give me discernment, so I won’t be deceived by a person’s costume. Help me not to judge people for I am not qualified to do so.    

         It’s really amusing when we view the world as having on these costumes. Yes, the judge sitting behind the bench, the professor lecturing to students, and the banker granting or denying loan application are respectable people. But, who are these people without their costumes? When I retired from being a school principal, I started thinking: What kind of costume will I wear now? Hmmm!


      © 2015            
                       See You Next Week on Paulette Talks Faith          



No comments:

Post a Comment