Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 130: The Bogeyman



                                        The Bogeyman  
                                       For we walk by faith, not by sight: II Corinthians 5:7
• Monsters. . .
• Beasts. . .
• Gremlins. . .

          I can remember being afraid of the dark when I was a little girl. In my overactive imagination, I would see all kinds of horrible images lurking around corners, and under the bed when all the lights were out. Just when I couldn’t take it anymore, I would scream for my father. When he came, all my fears left—IMMEDIATELY. He didn’t have to say a word; just being there was enough.   

          Now that I’m all grown–up, the bogeyman has taken on a whole different manner. He exchanged his bogeyman mask for adult sized tribulations. He still scares me, which doesn’t make much sense since he’s already defeated. (John 16:11 AMP) The only difference now is when I yell, my heavenly Father comes.
                                      
                                           Fear not; I will help you! 

          Our heavenly Father will chase away our fears. Nothing by any means can harm us. If God is for us, who can be against us? He has assigned angels to come to our defense in all our ways of obedience. When we exert our faith, we receive God’s peace.

          However, when the devil’s lies sound like truth our peace will be challenged. So, how can we tell when it’s just the bogeyman trying to scare us? We know God has not given us a spirit of fear. (II Timothy 1:7) Therefore, the minute our thoughts turn into any form of fear, stop and yell: JESUS!


              We’re under no obligation to think every thought—through!

We have to use the authority that was given to us. God has equipped us to combat this notorious monster when He gave us a measure of faith. We are not to  attack the enemy with our power, but with the insurmountable power of God. 

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; yes, you lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Be not afraid of sudden terror and panic, nor of the stormy blast or the storm and ruin of the wicked when it comes [for you will be guiltless]. For the Lord shall be your confidence, firm and strong, and shall keep your foot from being caught [in a trap or some hidden danger].
Proverbs 3:24-26 AMP

                         If my earthly father could chase away the bogeyman,
                       look how much more my heavenly Father can do.   
                        
© 2016       See you next week on Paulette Talks Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment