Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 131: Believe It or Not



                                     Believe It or Not
                                                    Have faith in God. Mark 11:22
• I do believe. . .
• I do believe. . .
• I do, I do, I do believe God!
 
I’m always thrown for a loop when I see Christians worried sick about all the problems they see around the world. They are terrified when they hear about any global unrest; they feel defenseless when they stand before injustice, and they are stressed out by any opposing political views. They sink into the same hole of despair as unbelievers.  

BUT, how can that be? It says in John 15:19 that we are in this world, but not of the world. If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31) What can man do if God is on our side? Psalm (118:6) It’s all summed up in Isaiah 41:10 when God said, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee…”  
                                Do we believe this, or not?

When we take on the world’s hopelessness, what does that say about our relationship with the living Savior? Our hope in God sets us apart. We know things that the world doesn’t know, like the benefits of living a life lead by God. What a great message for a clueless world to see; believing Believers.

Yes, we feel the pains and groans of this broken fallen world. We have battle scars. Nevertheless, we shouldn’t be overcome by them. Fears and worries are fuel for trouble; at the same time this weakens are faith, and our credibility as Christians. Jesus said that we will have tribulation, but to be of good cheer He has overcome the world. (John 16:33)

I cannot join in conversations with Christians who feel doomed by the world’s problems without me wondering: Do they believe the Word of God? Do they know the Word of God? Either we believe God, or not.
                   Faith won’t play it both ways!

  © 2016       See you next week on Paulette Talks Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment